The SenZations Summer School 2007 was held from 10th to 14th September 2007 at the Faculty of Electronics and Information Technology, Warsaw University of Technology in Poland.
Numerous post-graduate students, PhD students and young researchers from universities and industrial laboratories from all around the world took part in the program, learned, worked and experienced the electrifying energy of the SenZations. The main goals of Senzations 2007 where to:
- explore the most relevant research domains,
- present various perspectives and underlying technologies,
- identify the most important challenges and research topics,
- interact with distinguished scholars and
- establish contacts that may lead to research collaborations in the future.
A few examples of potential applications of wireless sensor networks are telematics, telemedicine, environment monitoring, home applications and control, security and surveillance and industrial applications like the process industry automation and agricultural applications. Due to the broad range of wireless sensor networks’ possible applications and their potential to change the way we interact with our environment, they have deserved a special focus in research and are becoming increasingly popular in the business world.