SenZations 2014 Summer School was held from Monday (Sep 1) to Saturday (Sep 6) in Biograd na Moru, Croatia. The event is organized by DunavNET and Business School PAR, Rijeka in collaboration and with the support of several FP7 projects: SocIoTal, IoT Lab, Compose, Planet, CityPulse and IoT6 as well as Intel (www.intel.com).
The SenZations Summer School in Biograd na Moru was an event that included over 80 young talented researchers across the world and a remarkable lineup of lecturers. In addition to the lectures, the participants were engaged in hands-on team work developing novel IoT based solutions in education and urban environment.
MsC and PhD students worked in teams and presented their projects on connectable objects and applications. There were many teams that used servIoTicy and Node-RED inside glue.things for creating their applications. One of the most important outcomes of the Summer School for COMPOSE was the initial discussion with the partners of IoT Lab FP7 project for potential collaboration.
The technology track included:
- Alex Gluhak (Intel Labs), Michele Nati (Univ of Surrey): IoT hands-on development, Intel’s Galileo SDK (part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6) – Introduction video: Video 1, Video 2, Video 3
- Stefan Fischer, Franziska Kühn (Univ. of Lübeck): IoT software reliability
- Sotiris Nikoletseas (CTI): Wireless Energy Recharge Protocols for Mobile Crowdsensing in IoT Systems (video)
- D K Arvind (Univ. of Edinburgh): Experiences in “Crowd Sensing” for environmental monitoring (video)
The business track included:
- Andrija Colak (Surf’n’Fries): How to become and stay competitive
- Anja Zambelli Colak (Zambelli Brand Design): Marketing Strategies and Branding
- Valerio Veglio (Univ. of Southampton): Strategic importance of IoT for business leaders
- Richard M. Brandt (Iacocca Institute): Business ethics / Disruptive Leaders are Good for Business / The price of success
- Srdjan Krco (DunavNET): AR – New Marketing Tool
- Dario Zoric (Business school PAR): How to design and write a project